Church of St. Joseph Bukit Timah Atrium sessions
The Atrium is located on the top floor St Joseph’s Community Hall.
The 2022 session is currently full. If your child is born in 2019, you may register for the waiting list for 2023.
Registration of Pre-Primary children
In order to give children more time to grow into the Atrium experience, we only take in children the year they turn 4 years old. CGS Pre-Primary children will go through the Level I Catechesis of the Good Shepherd process.
All parents are required to attend a Parent Information Session before registering their child.
Priority registration is given to:
- siblings of existing children in the atrium
- children of catechists and assistants
- children of those who have completed the L1P1 CGS Formation Retreat.
Due to the nature of CGS, parental involvement is compulsory. We strongly believe that parents and catechists are partners in this ministry of drawing the children closer to God. As such, parents are required to participate in:
- Helping to set up/pack up the atrium, materials making and/or assisting during the Atrium session,
- Organising the Atrium parties in celebration of the Feasts of Easter and Christmas.
- Parent Meetings at the beginning of every year,
- Parent-Catechist Sessions held at least twice a year so that catechists and parents can jointly discern the child’s spiritual development,
- Parent Formation sessions during the primary years as children prepare to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist,
- Assisting in the sacramental retreat preparations and celebrations.
- Giving a contribution every year to cover the cost of materials, resources and activities.
Registration for Primary Children:
Children at St Joseph’s Church Bukit Timah who have attended the CGS Pre-Primary Atrium are given the choice when they reach Primary 1 to either continue with CGS Primary 1 (Year 4) or join the mainstream catechetical programme. CGS Primary children will go through Levels II and III of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd process. Children with prior experience from other CGS Atria can also apply to join the Level II and Level III sessions subject to available space.
The Association of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (Singapore) coordinates training for catechists and parents interested in learning more about CGS.
There are 3 levels of training:
- Level I: 3-6 years
- Level II: 6-9 years
- Level III: 9-12 years
If you are interested in attending the next Level I Part I training, please contact us. Places are limited so priority is given to those who are/will be serving in the Atrium.
Please contact us for more information about the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd at St Joseph’s Church Bukit Timah, Singapore.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Coordinator
St. Joseph’s Church Bukit Timah
620 Upper Bukit Timah Road